The New Testament speaks of:
- 7 separate and distinct types of Baptism
- It is the path to Spiritual Maturity.
- Baptism Unto Moses, 1 Corinthians 10:1-2
1Moreover, brethren, I would not that ye should be ignorant, how that all our fathers were under the cloud, and all passed through the sea; 2And were all baptized unto Moses in the cloud and in the sea;
This baptism brings us unto the Messiah.
- John’s Baptism, Mark 1:4
4John did baptize in the wilderness, and preach the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.
- This the Baptism of Repentance.
- Baptism Into The Body Of Believers, 1 Corinthians 12:13
13For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
- It occurs when we are born again of that incorruptible seed.
- We are Baptized by the Spirit into the Body.
- New Testament Water Baptism, Acts 8:36
36And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?
- As a New Believer we are to be immersed in water
- Right after we are born into the body.
- And NOT within 6 months
- But immediately
- That is the example we find in the New Testament.
5 & 6 Baptism Of The Holy Spirit and Baptism Of Fire, Matthew 3:11
11I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
- This speaks of TWO separate
- And distinct Baptisms
BAPTISM OF THE HOLY SPIRIT
- Is to be endued with power from on high
And BAPTISM OF FIRE
- Which is the Baptism that purifies us
- That cleanses us of our Carnal Nature
- Baptism Of Suffering, Luke 12:50
50But I have a baptism to be baptized with; and how am I straitened till it be accomplished!
- This is the baptism that separates most believers