There are 7 resurrections discussed in the Bible, they are:
- Resurrection of Firstfruit – Yeshua, 1 Corinthians 15:20
20But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
- Yeshua was the first to rise from the dead.
2. Resurrection from Spiritual Death – Salvation, Ephesians 2:5-6
5Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved;) 6And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
- This is the resurrection of our spirits.
- It occurs when we are born again.
- Resurrection from Water Baptism – Sanctification, Romans 6:4
4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
- This is the one many overlook.
- However, it is vital to a victorious life today.
4. Resurrection from Dead Works, Ephesians 5:14
14Wherefore he saith, Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall give thee light.
And Philippians 3:10-11
10That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death; 11If by any means I might attain unto the resurrection of the dead.
- These speak of walking in victory,
- As oppose to being a dead pew sitter.
- Early Resurrection, 2 Kings 4:35
35Then he returned, and walked in the house to and fro; and went up, and stretched himself upon him: and the child sneezed seven times, and the child opened his eyes.
- This is the resurrection to life from the dead
- This is coming out of first death
- Similar to what happen to Lazarus
- This will eventually end in First death
6. First Resurrection – Believers, Revelation 20:6
6Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.
- This is what happens to believers
- At the beginning of the millennium
- When we receive our glorified bodies
7. Resurrection of the Just and the Unjust, Acts 24:15
15And have hope toward God, which they themselves also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the just and unjust.
- This is what occurs during the millennium
- When God will judge all the earth.